I've been tagged by Brooke to tell you 7 things you may not know about me...
For those of you who do not know, Brooke is an old friend from middle school/high school. She lives in Indiana and has a great smile. :) She takes care of my BFF Kristi since I don't live there any more. Hope to see you again soon Brooke!
1. I LOVE to cook. I am not sure when I developed this passion for cooking. My husband, I think, is quite surprised by this fact and considers it a wonderful surprise. He certainly did not marry me for my domestic abilities - I am pretty lazy. I hate to clean, do laundry, you know, the typical "domestic stuff." But, I will cook everyday. It is my down time after work, I get in a zone and it is my sanctuary. Now, I am not saying I am a good cook - I can follow a recipe or two. But creating stuff, I am not quite there yet.
2. I LOVE football! Alright, this isn't a surprise to most of you. But, I LOVE it! I urn for that time of year, the beginning of September when it is starting to get crisp out. The NFL is the only football that I watch, but I love a good Sunday afternoon game. Sitting on my couch with friends or alone. Getting together some appetizers and beer and having a good shouting match with the television. I LOVE football!
3. I LOVE my job. Yes, it is true. I love my job. It is exciting, challenging, and new every single day. I hate getting up for work, but the dread for the workday stops there - getting out of bed. Once I am up and out of bed, I am ready to head to the office and learn what is new for the day. It is really wonderful. My co-workers are great, and my boss might be the most amazing boss alive. Closing down the office early, no such thing as vacation days, it really is a dream come true!
4. I LOVE animals. D got me a kitten about 2.5 years ago and then a puppy 1.5 years ago. I have become a serious animal lover. I have never had a soft spot for animals before...not even a small one. I didn't understand how people could cry over pets or sad animal movies. I just didn't get it. However, now I find myself balling at those animal related commercials, movies, really anything that is sad that has to do with animals. I have turned into a sap and I love my pets more than I could have ever imagined.
5. I am extremely protective over D. Almost to a fault. I need to learn to not get so emotional about things that he has to deal with. Most often, he isn't even upset about the issues that upset me. But, it hurts me; it hurts my heart when people treat him poorly or have not treated him well in the past. It hurts me more than when those very same people treat me poorly. Why can't they see what their hurtful words and actions do to such a sweet soul? My protective animal instincts come out, and I have to try so hard to harness them in. I am like a jungle cat, waiting to pounce. :o)
6. I do not like kids. Hahaha. Ok, that was an extreme blanket statement. But other people's children drive me insane. Yes, there are a few exceptions. But just when I think that D and I are ready to talk about having kids (not start having them, just talk about it), I am near other people's kids and they make me crazy. I know, it is different when they are your own. Yes, I get that. But still - kids make me nuts.
7. I do not like candy. It is too sweet and usually makes me feel like crap. After I eat candy, my head hurts or my tummy hurts and I need to take a nap. It makes me so tired. The after effects are just not worth the 2 second yummy taste. I do not like candy.
So, now I am supposed to tag someone else. But, I don't have any friends who blog that already haven't been tagged. So that is not going to work. But, if they did blog, I would tag Lindsay, Sara, and Jennie.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry your Redskins got demolished (not really but couldn't think of a better verb) by the Ravens! Oh Where Oh where was clinton portis!
ReplyDeleteThis game is fun. Here's 7 things you may not know about me... not as profound as your list, but then again, i'm not a blogger!!
ReplyDeleteI love playing super mario brothers on my nintendo ds.
I'm currently obsessed with Nelson Demille novels.
My mom lives in Ireland.
I also love my job - it brings out the tiny tiny bit of extrovert in me :)
I would be miserable without therapy and Pilates. I think everyone should have at least have two things in their life that allow them to vent and make them feel stronger.
My sisters are a part of me - I am lost and sad without them and with them I am truly myself with no reservations.
I'm not very good at telling my friends how much i love them and need them... but i do :)