So, today is my first blogging day. I have been reading several blogs over the last, I would say, two years. Some of them have been used to catch up on friends or family. Some of them I use as resources. And others, are quite inspirational. I find myself reading them with all these thoughts running through my mind. Usually, I am sitting at my desk at work with nothing near me to write down these thoughts. My mind is screaming to get them out - but there is nothing.
When I was young, I wrote in a journal. Not frequently, but just enough to be therapeautic. What happened to those days when I could be alone with my thoughts and just find the time to jot some things down? Life.
Now here I am, staring out the window of my extremely messy office, trying to find the time to be alone with my thoughts. Of course, the key to remember, I am not really alone. I have all of you reading and listening. I suppose that is a good lesson for everyone...you aren't really alone in your thoughts if you put them on paper. There is always someone there to read it. So hello to that person who is there to read and reflect on my thoughts. Please don't judge.
Judgment. Funny thing. It is my opinion that we do not like in others what we do not like about ourselves. I am judgmental. I find myself thinking things about people. All people. Friends, family, people walking by my window. I judge their choices, I judge their lives. But who am I? Who am I to judge? I don't know what is right or wrong, and I espcially do not know what is right or wrong for anyone else. So, I sit here today vowing not to judge anyone, anymore.
If it were only that easy...
I viewed your archive of blogs today and it just confirms what I already know. You are an amazing
ReplyDeleteyoung lady, excuse me "kid", and I feel so proud to call you my daughter. Love, Dad