Monday, November 10, 2008

The News

So, D and I put an offer on a house. Crazy you say? Maybe. Everyone has been asking, "Why do you want to buy a house now?" And really, I don't have a good answer. I guess the only answer is, because we want to. Shouldn't that be good enough? Well, for many, it isn't good enough. Alright, fine. You can't just do whatever you want - I get it. But, if it isn't going to make us go bankrupt, and if we can afford it, and if we have done as much research as one person can do, then why the heck not?

There are so many, but what if you lose your job? Or what if D loses his job? Or what if there is a better house out there? Or, the market is supposed to get worse, what if you can get a better deal. All of these things might be true - or none of them might be true. But, what if the right opportunity is NOW. Someone once told me, a decision is only stupid if you know it is going to turn out the opposite of the way you want it. OK, that was confusing. For example, it would be stupid to make an offer on a house if we knew that something better was going to come next week, or if we knew that one of us was going to lose our job and we did this anyway. I think that is a great outlook. Stupid decsions or choices only come when you know the outcome.

So here we are, not knowing the outcome. And we sit here, waiting to hear whether or not we can have our dream house. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message.