Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Know...I Am MIA

Yes, I know I have been slacking on the blog in 2009. However, things have been super crazy the last month. We have done so much with the house, and I have lost serious blogging time because I am busy at work. Ha! I know, I shouldn't be blogging at work.
I will update you a bit on the house - but, I really want to post pictures! I just don't have them here. Boo. I will add them at home maybe.
Project 1 - Change out the light fixtures. Dave and I changed the light fixtures in the kitchen and the formal dining room. At first, the project was going smoothly with only a few loud words spoken between J and D with Hurley barking on the side. Wonderful Friday afternoon. Then, on Saturday we decided to try to replace the island light. The fluorescent square box really wasn't doing it for us any more:



We decided to replace the box with three pendant lights. Wonderful idea, until we took the box light down and realized the wires were not in the right spot. Therefore, Dave had to cut holes in the ceiling. Great. Here is an action shot:


The final product was nothing short of a miracle after we cut more holes in the ceiling, installed the lights, did some electrical wiring (who knows if it is to code), patched up the holes, hung the lights, two didn't turn on, took the lights down, fixed the wiring, and put the lights back up. Phew...

And VOILA! A culinary institution - the new Flage kitchen:


Lucky for me, it is a wonderful place to spend time. Well done J and D! Our first self renovation project is COMPLETE! Yahooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message.